The Kolowrat Woods manages about 52 hectares of water bodies. Some of the ponds are managed by the forest administration of the Kolowat woods, and some are rented. However, none of the ponds are meant for intensive fish farming. Reconstruction of the ponds started in 1993, on the orders of Count František Tomáš Kolowrat-Krakowsky who started with the Hraničky ponds and, the largest and likely oldest pond of “the Diana part”, the Václavský Pond.
The first historically based references to the Václavský Pond come from 1749.