The Václavský Pond
The first historically based references to the Václavský Pond come from 1749, when the Václavský Mill was rebuilt. In 1810 the Václavský Pond was widened and, in 1837, the so called Apolena irrigation ditch was built. The ditch was built in the territory of the Kolowrat estate Velké Dvorce and was also probably used for transportation of timber from the poorly accessible parts of the woods between Přimda, Diana and the Pilgrimage Church of St. Apolena. However, the main function of the ditch was to bring water to the Václavský Pond and thus supply the region’s slowly developing industry with water.